Affordable days out, overnight, weekend and holiday coach trips - with a local pick up point near you!
Community Days Out was founded in October 2017 by Ashlie Stephens and Jemma Greenslade.
With over fourteen years of experience in organising excursions and trips for friends and family in their local borough of Hammersmith and Fulham to beaches and theme parks it was a catch up over coffee in their local Panizza that the two of them decided that together they would be able to provide more trips for more of the community by doing it together.
Ashlie is a mother of two children and has lived in the Fulham area since she was 2 years of age when her family moved back to the UK from America. Jemma is a mother of two children and has lived in the Fulham area since birth.
Since 2012 Ashlie has been self-employed as the Director of Beauty/Aesthetic company she founded and Jemma is the founder of a little girls clothing company called Buttons and bows in Fulham.
Ashlie and Jemma have an extensive background in client care, marketing and events in both the private and public sector and have always been strong volunteers in the local community.
Ashlie was the Chair of a Fulham Tenant’s and Resident’s Association for 4 consecutive years and a Secretary for a local Primary Schools’ PTA.
Jemma was a Treasurer for a local Primary Schools’ PTA, volunteered at a local youth club, has fundraised for her down syndrome cousin to receive open heart surgery, to get a room adapted for another cousin who was seriously injured in a bike accident and has helped raise £40.000 for an operation for a little girl with cerebral palsy.
What we do:
We organise community-minded days out of London to create a strong and close local community.
How we do it:
- We take the stress out of commuting to destinations outside of London
- We make it an easy, fun and memorable experience for families, friends and others in the local community.
- We transport you by coach to UK and Europe's beaches, theme parks, pantomimes, safari parks, shopping locations and other places of interest; without the expense of train fares, the stress of travelling with multiple changes and loads of luggage.
- We offer multiple pick-up points within Hammersmith and Fulham, so it's like a door to door service. We have the aim to reach all of the 33 London Boroughs.
- We offer payment plans for all those wanting to spread the cost; to make their day out more affordable and easy to manage.
Why we do it:
- It is our aim to serve, to encourage and to enhance the lives of everyone living in their local community.
- We include everyone from a range of diverse faiths, ethnicities, ages and backgrounds.
- We help to develop and strengthen the social, emotional and physical needs of all those living in London.
- We bring everyone together to socialise and to develop new relationships; to help minimise isolation.
- We take the stress out of commuting so all can enjoy a fun day out with others in their local community that gives everyone a change of scenery and something different to do.